Tuesday 13 October 2015

The Quilled Krishna Peacock

My first ever quilled peacock was in the year 2012 when I had just started trying my hands with paper quilling art. That picture is now in somebody's home who bought it that time.

Quilled typography with beehive pattern is one of my favorite projects with this beautiful paper art. I have not done much of picture quilling though the techniques are similar. Why I like to work on these kinds of projects is that you are free to utilize your creativity and imaginations in many ways starting from the font styles, picture styles, color themes, shading, background and also with the decorative assemblies around the mail text or picture. Even without much of decoration around simple quilled text or a picture can give some unique finish to projects even small as 6/8 inches of size.

This is the picture for reference.


Here is the latest peacock work (after a long time) where I have used sky blue, white and gray for the beehive, dark blue text strips for outlining and distressing with broken china, mowed lawn and mahogany red distress ink from Tim Holtz to create the background effects. The feathers are created with Malaysian petals and simple tear drops with eccentric coil effect by joining multiple strips of light blue, medium blue, orange, yellow and green in order (each of 3 mm width and 5 and a half inches length except for light blue which is of 3 inches length) and then quilling the composite paper strip using slotting tool.



I call it "Krishna Peacock" as peacock color reminds me of Krishna.
I hope you liked it.

Please visit my page "Lights and Papers" for updated pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment