Sunday 23 August 2015

Let there be always light and a reason to smile :)


Let there be always light and a reason to smile :)


April 2015 denotes one of the most important decision of my life when I had to quit my job in the research industry after a long tenure of five years and eight months. The reason is indeed a happy one for sure as we had moved to France with new work, new goals, and new dreams to fulfill :).

I love to learn new things and meet new people. One of those things that I love to be involved with most of the time is craft-making. Since 2012, I had got several opportunities to participate in various craft workshops in Bangalore. Candle making was always there in my wishlist and it became a reality when I visited "Neoart" in Bangalore and met Ms. Anushree Vyas. I was following her beautiful work of art for almost about a year and finally decided to learn the art of making different kinds of candles in May 2015. I felt happy to get enlightened through learning the art of creating candles and spreading the gleam of happiness in my own way :).  I also started my journey in the field of consulting and training. I made some cherished relationships and met some wonderful positive spirits. They all became my reason to smile.

That's me with 15 different forms of a candle made in a one-day workshop with NeoArt before I left Bangalore.


Candles learnt: Ice candle, T-tights, designer T-lights, Floating, Prop candles, Handmade rose, Gel candle, Ball candle, Luminarc candle holder, Photo-embossed candle/holder, Cup candles, cupcake icing candles, chunk candles, layered candles, Beeswax sheet candle,  


During these last three months of my homestay in France, I never felt like sitting at home for a single moment. Probably this is because I had really so many things in my mind to plan for and so many things in my work list to be accomplished. I made my first set of hand-made candles at our new residence in the beautiful hill station named Orsay-Ville in eastern France.

 


Here are some pictures of my first venture of candle-making and topping them up with some Sospeso design, another beautiful craft form. I definitely laid my way with a lot of creative ideas for the next set of ventures.

 A set of different candles (rose bed, cupcake, ball, and t-lights)

 Sospeso design on a candle holder (T-light candle inside)


Set of designer candles: Festive feeling and at the same time a nice way to gift someone with a reason to smile and a gleam of happiness.




For latest updates and pictures please visit my facebook page "Lights and Papers".


No comments:

Post a Comment